I Turned 35. Now You Have To Read About What I Learned.
It’s a thing now, right? The big birthdays lead to big reflections. Well, I jumped on the band wagon. I turned 35. Don’t expect too much, it’s just a list. I’m busy celebrating. 🙂
- Leading by example is key
- Love wholly
- Trust and believe
- You really can’t have everything, and that’s ok
- You can have more than you dreamed of
- Relationships are 100/100, not 50/50
- Do your yearly check ups. All of them.
- Learn to gain compassion for self and others
- Some people you just gotta let go
- Some people you should have tried harder for
- Dress to your body type
- Chopping veggies is a serious life skill
- Done is better than perfect
- Clarity comes from action
- No one cares about your business
- Noticing nice things about people matters
- Positive sandwich
- Habits cannot be broken
- The safer you feel, the more creative you are
- Dogs are better than people
- People everywhere are the same
- People everywhere are different
- Culture matters
- Sometimes fixing yourself isn’t enough
- You are the company you keep
- If you meet an asshole in the morning…
- Airplanes are small. Don’t be a dick.
- Be nice to the people that do the shit jobs.
- When you can afford business class, buy it.
- More expensive stuff doesn’t mean better stuff
- Cheap stuff costs you twice as much in the long run
- You can’t be afraid to look at yourself
- Being outside in nature is necessary
- Sarcasm and passive aggressiveness… need to go.
- Everything is connected.
There it is. My 35 years on earth broken down into a list.
What are your top three lessons? Write them in the comments below.
Now that I’ve already learned the above, it’s time to get cranking on some new material. 😉